PhilSox Blog: A Very Memorable Day

 


A Very Memorable Day

I am the proud father of four kids - a little yours, mine, and ours kind of deal. I have a three-year-old daughter, three today, as a matter of fact. I have a four-year-old son, who already knows about this whole Red Sox/Phillies dichotomy. He's dealing with it superbly. I have a ten-year-old step-daughter who attended her first minor league game with me this past April, and I have a 15-year-old daughter who lives with her mom. She hates baseball, but I lover her still.

Yesterday we celebrated the baby's third birthday with a little pool party out back. We had the usual suspects in attendance - grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. We had a princess cake, my wife's latest birthday masterpiece, complete with a Barbie jammed down inside up to her waist. I couldn't spend the afternoon in front of the computer watching the Sox on MLB.TV, but thanks to a rain delay and a 13 inning game, I did get to see quite a bit after the party wound down. The walk-off home run by Youkilis was the perfect ending to a very memorable day.

The day was memorable for the obvious reasons, but there was one other little nugget that will have it embedded in my mind. During the party we took the opportunity to announce to all that my wife is pregnant with what will be our third child together, my fifth, all things considered. If all works out well, we'll have a new arrival just before the start of spring training in '09.

Quite a day, wouldn't you say?

Labels: , , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

1 Comments:

At September 24, 2008 at 3:24 PM, Blogger Jere said...

Hey, is this blog done?

 

Post a Comment