PhilSox Blog: Eggs in One Basket

 


Eggs in One Basket

I root for the Sox and the Phils on baseball. In football, I'm a Notre Dame fan for college and like the Eagles on Sundays. (None of this, by the way, makes me insanely popular among my friends.) With both those gridiron teams starting their respective seasons with losses (N.D. has lost to Gerogia Tech and Penn State, the Eagles lost on a last second field goal to Green Bay) you'd think I'd be in a funk. The truth is, I have barely noticed because I am so focused on MLB. I'm sort of putting my eggs in one basket, but it's not really a choice. As I've mentioned earlier, I'm obsessed.

Now that I paid for MLB.tv for the month of September, I'm able to watch the Sox on-line and the Phils on Comcast. I can see the Sox unless they are playing the Yankers, as I am considered within the Yanker market and those games are blacked out, as are Phillies, Mets, and Pirates games. Now, I can listen to the Sox/Yanker games on Gameday Live, and I get a choice of the home or away teams radio feed (like I'd listen to the Yanker hacks do play-by-play!). This won't be an issue this weekend, as it appears all three games are getting televised on either FOX or ESPN (but they get blacked out sometimes, too.

Someone asked me what I'm going to do if the Yankers sweep the Sox again. I didn't know how to reply. First, until that moment, I had not even considered it. Having that happen in two consecutive series is so unlikely as to be ludicrous. NY has no Clemens this round. The Sox (had better be) should be riled up after that decimation they endured the last go round. Plus, this one is at the Fens. But in the end, I really don't think that the Yankers will be within three games when the series begins. In any event, to answer the original question... I'd dive on my sword!

The bottom line is that I don't envision myself watching NFL action this Sunday when (if) the Sox and Yankers are on TV.

Labels: , , , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment